[Haskell-cafe] Re: Logo Preferences

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 00:49:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:50:51 +0000, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:13:40AM +0000, Sebastian Sylvan wrote:
>>
>> Another reason condorcet voting is nice is that there is no need to group
>> "similar" items together.
>
>I think the plan is that once a logo "class" is chosen, we'll have
>another vote for the actual colour scheme etc to be used, if applicable.
>
>Yes, we could have done this in a single vote, but then people would
>need to spend time creating 30 variants of each logo, and we'd be
>ranking 3000, rather than 100, options.

The only difficulty with creating "classes" of logos in this way is
that there seem to be some users who prefer only a specific member of
a class, and who do not like other members of the same class.

For example, there seem to be some users who like the second logo in
group 61, but who would prefer something else to the most of the other
logos in that group, so they would want to minimize the possibility of
anything but the second logo from being chosen within that group.

Perhaps classes should be created for viewing, but not for voting for,
the logos, so that at the election, each variant can be uniquely
identified.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^