[Haskell-cafe] Logo Preferences

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:41:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Sebastian Sylvan <
sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Bulat Ziganshin <
> bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Sebastian,
>>
>> Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 1:08:38 AM, you wrote:
>> >  It just seems like duplicated work to me. They're still few enough
>> > that I can scan through them and multi-select the ones I like and
>> > then click "move to top" in a pretty short amount of time (and then
>> refine the ranking if I care).
>>
>> and if none of them will be among 10 most popular - it is no
>> difference for you which one will be finally selected?
>

> Clearly not, because if I did have a preference among them I would've
> ranked them - if I didn't then I must not care either way.
> I suspect 99% will have a few favourites, and then they will have a few
> that they object to, and for the rest they just don't care which ones win.
> Expressing that with the proposed system is easy.

Also, let's be realistic. We can all look at the list and figure out which
logos are likely to be popular - so just make sure you rank those. Adding
even more time and hassle for the people who are already donating their time
to arrange this for free isn't going to improve things significantly, I
think.

--
Sebastian Sylvan
+44(0)7857-300802