[Haskell-cafe] Mystified by Cabal

Svein Ove Aas svein.ove at aas.no
Sat Mar 7 12:26:46 EST 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Colin Paul Adams
<colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I have just attempted Cabal-izing my program (splitting it into a
> library and main program as well), and I'm mystified by some problems
> I am having.
>
> First, when I try to build the library I get:
>
> [colin at susannah game-tree]$ runhaskell Setup build
> Preprocessing library game-tree-1.0.0.0...
> Building game-tree-1.0.0.0...
>
> Data/Tree/Game/Negascout.hs:31:0: Unrecognised pragma
> [1 of 2] Compiling Data.Tree.Game.Tree ( Data/Tree/Game/Tree.hs, dist/build/Data/Tree/Game/Tree.o )
>
> Data/Tree/Game/Tree.hs:1:0:
>    Failed to load interface for `Prelude':
>      it is a member of package base-3.0.3.0, which is hidden

What does your .cabal file look like?

> Perhaps Cabal should be named Caballa instead.

Nah, it's not /that/ bad. :P

You might want to install the mkcabal package, use that to generate
the initial .cabal file. Though I'm not sure what you might have
gotten wrong.. well, show us the file first.

- Svein Ove