[Haskell-cafe] Test if a file is empty or stat in haskell

Anish Muttreja anishmuttreja at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:38:58 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 03:43:22PM -0500, Thomas DuBuisson wrote:
> >> getFileStatus, fileSize ...
> >
> > Great, thanks.
> > BTW, Hoogle does not seem to  know about
> > System.Posix.Files, though it did point me to System.IO.FileSize
> > which would also have served the purpose.
>
> Yep, this was discussed in a Hoogle and Network.Socket thread I
> started last week.  There is a wiki for summarizing thoughts [1].
> Some time this weekend or next week I intend to submit a Hoogle ticket
> proposing what I see as an agreeable outcome.  At that point I hope
> Neil will accept and maybe even find time to write code.  The final
> step would involve me buying Neil a beer - I've lots of beer-debt to
> the Haskell community.
>
> [1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hoogle/Packages

Thanks Michael and Neil, for maintaining Hoogle. Hoogle is becoming a
victim of it's own success. We depend on it and so want it to do
everything :-).
I cannot edit the wiki page because creating new logins is currently
disabled. My  only suggestion is that perhaps the Hoogle front page
should have a discrete disclaimer about the current scope of indexed
packages until a solution is found. It might be useful for someone new.

Anish