[Haskell-cafe] Test if a file is empty or stat in haskell

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:43:22 EST 2009

>> getFileStatus, fileSize ...
>
> Great, thanks.
> BTW, Hoogle does not seem to  know about
> System.Posix.Files, though it did point me to System.IO.FileSize
> which would also have served the purpose.

Yep, this was discussed in a Hoogle and Network.Socket thread I
started last week.  There is a wiki for summarizing thoughts [1].
Some time this weekend or next week I intend to submit a Hoogle ticket
proposing what I see as an agreeable outcome.  At that point I hope
Neil will accept and maybe even find time to write code.  The final
step would involve me buying Neil a beer - I've lots of beer-debt to
the Haskell community.

[1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hoogle/Packages