[Haskell-cafe] missing support to Data.Binary for uvector package

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:39:53 EST 2009

Hi Manlio,

I'm not sure the whole list wants to hear about bugs in my
modifications to an alpha library! :-)

But basically, I haven't added a Binary instance for productions like
that yet. This isn't trivial, but shouldn't be hard. Otherwise, using
the unsafe serialization functions I provide in that same module might
give you better luck (at the cost of some safety).

But uvector, no matter how awesome the fusion work Don and others did
on it, is definitely not "finished" yet. Be prepared to hack a lot
(and maybe crash a fair amount) if you want to use it.

Hope this helps,
Dan