[Haskell-cafe] How to make a dock window for xmonad using gtk2hs?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Mar 5 08:21:29 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:59:53PM -0500, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On 2009 Mar 4, at 21:40, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
>>  Could someone give me a sample or something I could learn from? Thanks.
>
> (xmobar is open source, you could look through its source)

xmobar is not open source. xmobar is FREE software!

here's the relevant bits (from Xmobar.hs)

setProperties :: Rectangle -> Config -> Display -> Window -> [Rectangle] -> IO ()
setProperties r c d w srs = do
  a1 <- internAtom d "_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL"    False
  c1 <- internAtom d "CARDINAL"                 False
  a2 <- internAtom d "_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE"      False
  c2 <- internAtom d "ATOM"                     False
  v  <- internAtom d "_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK" False
  changeProperty32 d w a1 c1 propModeReplace $ map fi $
    getStrutValues r (position c) (getRootWindowHeight srs)
  changeProperty32 d w a2 c2 propModeReplace [fromIntegral v]

hope this helps.

Best,
Andrea