[Haskell-cafe] Cabal fun [Half-integer]

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 29 17:09:48 EDT 2009

Ross Mellgren wrote:
> I presume that many of the developers do not have windows machines
> (presumably because windows sucks). Maybe you could help them by
> trying to track down where the error in the code is, and even better
> yet submitting a patch?
>
> This is all free by the virtue of people giving what time they can,
> and if you don't happen to have a windows box to test on, it can be
> very hard to provide compatibility for it. Same in the reverse direction.
>
> -Ross

Well, Duncan informs me that he's just set up a Windows XP VM for this
exact reason... Still, I guess this problem will only really be solved
once he have large quantities of Windows users hitting this stuff.

Indeed, Duncan seems to be one of the more helpful inhabitants of the
Haskell IRC channel. I talked to him tonight, and he's already fixed
some of the documentation issues I pointed out earlier, and done a
preliminary analysis of the sdist bug. (It's filed as ticket #565 now,
by the way.)

Anyway, for the time being, cabal-install does in fact generate the
tarball, it's just tripping over trying to delete the temp files
afterwards. So I can still uplo-- wait, you need an account?

Is anything ELSE going to stop me??

Time for bed, I think...