[Haskell-cafe] "shadowing" keywords like "otherwise"

Vasili I. Galchin vigalchin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 02:39:37 EDT 2009

Hello,

     I am currently using ghc 6.8.2. With the following,

swishParse :: String -> String -> SwishStateIO (Maybe RDFGraph)
swishParse fnam inp =
    do  { fmt <- gets $ format
        ; case fmt of
            N3        -> swishParseN3 fnam inp
            otherwise ->
                do  { swishError ("Unsupported file format: "++(show fmt)) 4
                    ; return Nothing
                    }
        }

I am receiving a shadow warning:

Swish/HaskellRDF/SwishCommands.hs:304:12:
    Warning: Defined but not used: `otherwise'

It seems to me that in the code base somewhere that there is a "redefine" of
the keyword"otherwise". I haven't read the Haskell 98 Report but I thought
that it was not possible to redefine keywords. ??

Kind regards,

Vasili