[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Elerea version 1.x.x

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 26 16:46:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Having taken a short break from my profiling project, I updated my
little FRP library called Elerea [1] along with the runnable example
programs [2]. The interface was changed into a monadic-applicative
hybrid that distinguishes stateful and stateless combinators for safety
reasons. Since this is a major change, this release bears a new major
version number. Most importantly, the latcher was removed due to various
practical issues, and it is replaced by much better behaved stateless
higher-order constructs. The library is capable of handling arbitrary
higher-order signals, e.g. dynamic collections of signals, as shown by
the renewed breakout example (which used to cheat so far by treating the
state of the brick collection as a single value). I intend to write some
tutorials later, but feel free to experiment until then.

Gergely

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/elerea
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/elerea-examples