[Haskell-cafe] n00b question: defining datatype

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:17:34 EDT 2009

Ok, thanks to everyone, that's certainly answered my question and given me
some more avenues to pursue. I can see now that because I can pattern match
against the empty list it's not really a problem to have it there. I didn't
realise I could use Maybe in the constructor because it's a monad, but
that's good because I was wondering about the best way to make a nullable
value. That Data.Tree module looks interesting too! It does seem to be a
naturally recursive type, but I'm still trying to become easy with that sort
of thought :)
Thanks for all the help, it's nice to get a bit of feedback when still
getting used to things.
Iain