[Haskell-cafe] Pruning the Front Page

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Jul 20 14:12:16 EDT 2009

thomas.dubuisson:
> All,
> I think we should remove unmaintained or refocused implementations
> from the haskell.org front page.  This would mean removing:
>     YHC - unmaintained, hasn't built for me in a while
>     LHC - Not a standalone compiler these days - perhaps should be
> linked as a GHC subproject?
>
> Other than those I'd propose NHC but I'm guessing that would get some
> pushback (even though it currently doesn't build for me).  Before
> anyone brings up HUGS I'll just say that 1) it is used 2) it builds 3)
> at least it's been updated more recently than the Haskell langauge.

I guess we just acknowledge that all implementations are not equal, and
for newbies we strongly recommend GHC + Haskell Platform. For
reference, we point to a page listing all implementations.

This follows convention (i.e. Python, Ruby only point to the canonical
impls, not the various forks).

-- Don