[Haskell-cafe] ANN: AC-Vector, AC-Colour and AC-EasyRaster-GTK

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Sat Jul 18 05:26:00 EDT 2009

Am Samstag, 18. Juli 2009 06:31 schrieben Sie:
> On Jul 18, 2009, at 2:35 AM, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > So I should upload a package with German identifiers to Hackage?
>
> Sure, why not?  The fact that I can't read it is my loss, not your fault,
> and there will be plenty of other German-reading Haskellers to benefit from
> it.  I've happily worked with programs in French (not large ones (:-)).

I don’t think, it’s a good idea to have German identifiers, since Haskell’s
keywords are English. On the other hand, I strongly argue that a library
about Bézier curves uses the identifier Bézier, not Bezier. So non-ASCII
identifiers are useful even if identifiers are in English.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang