[Haskell-cafe] RE: Haskell as a first language?

Joe Fredette jfredett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:57:58 EDT 2009

If only for the fact that our little Haskell community is composed of
about the nicest set of people ever -- I mean, try asking a newbie
question on #c sometime -- then Haskell is a great language to learn early.

Not only is it great because of it's community, but it's also full of
resources -- there are plenty of fun and interesting tutorials to learn
with, among the best are Real World Haskell -- it's actually a print
book, but you can read it in it's entirety online, give it a google.
There's also a nice tutorial called, "Learn you a Haskell for Great
Good" (or something like that), I've heard good things about it.

By far the best things you can do are subscribe to the Haskell-Cafe
mailing list, and get yourself in the #haskell chatroom on freenode. I
believe it was Mrs. Frizzle who said it best, "Ask Questions, Make
Mistakes, get Haskell-y!!!"

/Joe