[Haskell-cafe] Leaner Haskell.org frontpage

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Fri Jul 10 01:25:29 EDT 2009

Rick R wrote:
> As an aside, in the current homepage, the Haskell description is outweighed
> by the link menu on the left. IMO the reader's eyes should move from the
> title, to the description, then either down or left.  Currently my attention
> is split evenly between the link menu and the title/description, which
> results in confusion.

This would be (partially) fixed by reducing the whitespace between the
title and the description. Our eyes are attracted to whitespaces, so
this is one of the key areas that makes or breaks a design. As it stands
the description is stranded and has nothing to lead one into it; whereas
the sidebar is taller, in bold, in highlight color,...

--
Live well,
~wren