[Haskell-cafe] Leaner Haskell.org frontpage

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Jul 9 12:52:06 EDT 2009

ttencate:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 18:33, Don Stewart<dons at galois.com> wrote:
> > ttencate:
> >> Are there any kind of hard statistics and analytics that we can base
> >> this discussion upon? There is always room for improvement, but
> >> stumbling around in the dark making blind guesses may not be the best
> >> way to go. Although I personally feel that Lenny's proposed page is an
> >> improvement, statistics could tell us what actual people actually use
> >> the site for.
>
> Thanks Don, I should have thought of that. It's a start!

No matter what we decide, I'd like to advocate for maintaining the RSS
feed of Hackage uploads on the front page -- this is what makes the page
seem alive and active, and was introduced in response to John Hughes
complaining the page was always out of date. (Similar to the Arch Linux
package updates: http://www.archlinux.org/)

-- Don