[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Platform on Ubuntu

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jul 8 03:15:31 EDT 2009

david48 wrote:

> Even if 6.10.3 gets into Karmic, I'm sure the problem will arise again
> once 6.12.1 is out.

The Debian Haskell maintainers are working on fixing this. In
particular, working on setting up an automated process so that
when the compiler version is updated, all Haskell libraries
get built with the new compiler.

The Ocaml programming language has exactly the same problem, but
the Debian Ocaml maintainers have automated the process and last
time to Ocaml compiler version was updated over 95% of all Ocaml
libraries were rebuilt within 24 hours.

> It's sadly easier to install from the tarball.

Currently yes. That should change in the not too distant
future.

Erik