[Haskell-cafe] UDP

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 16:32:12 EST 2009

The network library is no more than an FFI library to a Berkeley
socket interface and as such it implicitly expects you to know sockets
already (eg. from programming in C).  One advantage here is reading
man pages actually helps (unlike with most Haskell coding) and you can
also make equivalent C programs to test things out.

In the long term we should design and build a more functional network library.

Thomas