[Haskell-cafe] ANN: filestore 0.1

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Jan 25 17:09:44 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Derek Elkins <derek.a.elkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 09:32 +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
>> > Hello Gwern,
>> >
>> > Sunday, January 25, 2009, 2:56:07 AM, you wrote:
>> >
>> > my usual complaint: it will be great to see all announces duplicated
>> > in main haskell list
>>
>> I always only announce things on haskell-cafe.  What list is the "main
>> haskell list"?
>
> This is the description of the Haskell mailing list:
> "haskell at haskell.org (read & search via gmane)
>        Announcements, discussion openers, technical questions.
>        haskell at haskell.org is intended to be a low-bandwidth list, to
>        which it is safe to subscribe without risking being buried in
>        email. If a thread becomes longer than a handful of messages,
>        please transfer to haskell-cafe at haskell.org."
>
> All announcements should go to haskell at haskell.org if nowhere else.  In
> practice, it is probably best to post to both haskell and haskell-cafe
> and this is what most people do.

Hmm, interesting, I've never bothered subscribing to that list.  I
assumed it was a moderated announcement list that I wouldn't be able
to post to myself, i.e. it would be a one-way list only.  My
assumption was most likely based on my experience with Debian
announcement lists.

I have a hard time seeing a point in having that list:

 - there should be no discussions on the list, and
 - people suggest that announcements be X-posted to haskell-cafe.

Hmm, so what is posted to haskell at haskell.org that a subscriber to
haskell-cafe would be inerested in?

/M