[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: DecisionTree 0.0

Adrian Neumann aneumann at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 25 03:13:04 EST 2009

Hello,

it is my pleasure to announce the DecisionTree package. It provides
an implementation of the ID3 algorithm [1] and can be used to
classify data with discrete valued attributes.

You can get it from

* hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/
DecisionTree
* my own webspace: http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/aneumann/decisiontree/
DecisionTree-0.0.tar.gz

At this stage it is very likely buggy and slow, as I don't have a
sufficiently large dataset to test with.

You are encouraged to have a look at the source, it is quite short
and well commented. Please feel free to make suggestions, send in
patches or point me to some dataset I could use for testing.

Regards,

Adrian