[Haskell-cafe] Fold that quits early?

Ryan Ingram ryani.spam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 23:25:19 EST 2009

My point is that without further knowledge of this function, it's not
possible to simplify into a fold.  For f to be a fold, the result
would have to terminate for *every* total function g; given that there
are some total functions for which f does not terminate, f cannot be a
fold.

It's possible that the particular combination of f and g that you have
in mind *does* simplify to a fold, but the current function cannot,
unless I've made a mistake.

  -- ryan