[Haskell-cafe] runghc Setup.hs doitall

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 18 13:26:53 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 17:58 +0100, Daniel Fischer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009 17:22 schrieb Sebastian Sylvan:
> > Is there some sort of bundle that you can use to install cabal-install
> > easily? Because it looks to me like I'd have to spend the better part of an
> > evening manually downloading and installing the gazillion of dependencies
> > it has, which is far too much work when I just wanted to spend ten minutes
> > playing with some package...
> >

> Wait, 'gazillion of dependencies'? If you have the extralibs bundle built,
> there are only three dependencies to take care of
> - a recent Cabal library
> - HTTP
> - zlib

I think the problem is that hackage is misleading. It looks from the
hackage page like there are a gazillion dependencies when in fact as you
say there are only 2 that are not included with the latest ghc.

The solution some have suggested would be for hackage to only list
dependencies that are not in some core set.

Duncan