[Haskell-cafe] runghc Setup.hs doitall

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Sun Jan 18 11:58:51 EST 2009

Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009 17:22 schrieb Sebastian Sylvan:
> Is there some sort of bundle that you can use to install cabal-install
> easily? Because it looks to me like I'd have to spend the better part of an
> evening manually downloading and installing the gazillion of dependencies
> it has, which is far too much work when I just wanted to spend ten minutes
> playing with some package...

Wait, 'gazillion of dependencies'? If you have the extralibs bundle built,
there are only three dependencies to take care of
- a recent Cabal library
- HTTP
- zlib
Of course, downloading and building them manually may take half an hour or so,
but it's time well spent, cabal-install makes playing around for ten minutes
with some other package so much easier.
And of course, as has already been mentioned, there's now a bootstrap.sh
included which takes care of the above dependencies for you.