[Haskell-cafe] Comments from OCaml Hacker Brian Hurt

david48 dav.vire+haskell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 04:41:43 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello david48,
>
> Friday, January 16, 2009, 4:16:51 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Upon reading this thread, I asked myself : what's a monoid ? I had no
>> idea. I read some posts, then google "haskell monoid".
>
> it would be interesting to google "C++ class" or "Lisp function" and
> compare experience :)

The first link for C++ class I find on google is the wikipedia article
which I find understandable, has examples and explanations that relate
to programming.
OTOH, the wikipedia article for monoid is less easy (for me), though
now I can follow the first paragraphs. But I don't find on the page
how/why/where it relates to programming.