[Haskell-cafe] real haskell difficulties (at least for me)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 04:51:42 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 09:49 +0300, Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
> Would be nice if after a failed build cabal asked whether or not to
> upload its log immediately, and (on the hackage side) this led to an
> email being sent to the maintainer.

It should not be quite that synchronous but yes that's the general idea.

Packages can fail to install for many reasons that are not the fault of
the package author, for example missing C libraries. Also, I think
maintainers would not be pleased to receive 10's of emails per day! :-)
I think in practise it will have to be opt-in for package
authors/maintainers and it should only send aggregated information (like
"it appears not to work on windows with ghc-6.8").

Duncan