[Haskell-cafe] Re: Computer time, independent of date

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 08:01:18 EST 2009

> benchpress also uses System.CPUTime -- is
 > that what you are looking for?

I'm writing a program that will read medical signs
from many patients. It's important to have a precise
measure of the time interval between some signs, and
that can't depend on adjustments of time. (Supose
my software is running midnight at the end of a year
with leap seconds. I would get wrong time intervals.)

System.CPUTime.getCPUTime is supposed to give cpu
time my program have used. However, something like
a platform independent way to know for how long the
computer has been turned on would do all I need. Or,
maybe, how much has elapsed since the program started.

Thanks,
Maurício