[Haskell-cafe] Data.Binary, strict reading

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:15:02 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to read a file using Data.Binary, and I want to read the file
strictly - i.e. when I leave the read file I want to guarantee the
handle is closed. The reason is that (possibly immediately after) I
need to write to the file. The following is the magic I need to use -
is it all necessary, is it guaranteed correct, should I use something
else?

        src <- decodeFile "_make/_make"
        Map.size mp `seq` performGC

Thanks for all the helpful replies to the last post, I think I've
nearly come up with a minimal test case I can give you, or at least
characterise where the issue might lie. But I'll post to that thread
when I've got the details.

Thanks

Neil