[Haskell-cafe] MapReduce reverse engineered

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:49:27 EST 2009

I've read this article too, and I must say that it is indeed a very
interesting and exciting read, both in terms of understanding
MapReduce and its capabilities somewhat better, and in terms of
beholding the beauty of Haskell.

It is not exactly reverse engineering, but it is expressing the
essense of MapReduce algorithms, prerequisites, axioms, dimensions of
its design space etc. in Haskell.

2009/2/25 Thomas DuBuisson <thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com>:
> Vasili,
> What do you mean?  Googles MapReduce is already a published / well
> understood concept so no reverse engineering is needed.  If you are
> asking about pre-existing implementations, there is at least one [1]
> but only for reference, not speed.  If you are asking about community
> interest, great and you might want to say something on the haskell
> proposals reddit [2].
>
> [1] http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ralf/MapReduce/
> [2] http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell_proposals
>
> 2009/2/24 Galchin, Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>>      Here is an interesting paper of Google's MapReduce reverse engineered
>> into Haskell. I apologize if already posted .....
>> http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ralf/MapReduce/
>>
>> Kind regards, Vasili

Eugene Kirpichov
Web IR developer, market.yandex.ru