[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle and Network.Socket

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 04:17:46 EST 2009

Hi

> 1) Show all the functions (when the number is low), but place platform
> specific functions under separate headers: "Windows",
> "Linux/BSD/POSIX", "OS X", etc.

If a function isn't available on all OS's then all Hoogle would be
encouraging you to do is break compatibility and stop me from using
your software. If a function is only available on one OS you will
certainly have to deliberately choose to search for that, and it will
never show up by default.

For what shows up by default I more meant other packages. Should
Gtk2hs show up by default? What about tagsoup? What about base? Things
like Win32 will never show up by default.

Thanks

Neil