[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Google Summer of Code 2009

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Thu Feb 12 14:22:26 EST 2009

Matthew Elder wrote:
 > would love to see this.
 >
 > basic features first i suppose. here are some of my ideas:
 >
 > 1. browseable change history with preview pane (preview pane shows
 > diff and patch message)

Extending this idea, I'd like to see some "3D" visualization of the file
hierarchy and the partial hierarchy for the patch/diff being considered.
That is: not just per-file diff views, but also per-project views. It'd
also be nice to see this with more than one layer of diff at a time so
you can get an idea about potential conflicts and what parts of the
project are getting heavily changed.

Felipe Lessa wrote:
> 2009/2/12 Matthew Elder <matt at mattelder.org>:
> > would love to see this.
> >
> > basic features first i suppose. here are some of my ideas:
>
> meld-like diff view would be great too.
> http://meld.sourceforge.net/

I especially like the highlighting of what has changed within the line,
rather than diff's usual answer of "durr, it's different".

--
Live well,
~wren