[Haskell-cafe] The Haskell re-branding exercise

Eelco Lempsink eelco at lempsink.nl
Tue Feb 10 12:34:35 EST 2009

On 7 feb 2009, at 22:40, Don Stewart wrote:
> bulat.ziganshin:
>> Hello Don,
>>
>> Saturday, February 7, 2009, 8:20:23 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> We need a voting site set up. There was some progress prior to the
>>> end
>>> of the year. Updates welcome!
>>
>> i think that there are a lot of free voting/survey services
>> available.
>> the last one i went through was LimeSurvey available for any SF
>> project and on separate site too
>>
>> http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sitedocs/wiki/Hosted%20Apps
>> https://www.limeservice.com/
>>

> Before the new year's break, the progress we made towards deciding
> on a
> voting process was,
>
>    http://groups.google.com/group/fa.haskell/msg/5d0ad1a681b044c7
>
>    Eelco implemented a demo condorcet voting system in HAppS.
>
> He then asked for help with some decisions:
>
>    * Limit voting, if so how?  Email confirmation, IP based, vote
> once,  once per day?
>    * Maybe don't show the results until the contest is over?
>
> Eelco, can we do simple email-based confirm to encourage people to
> vote
> only once, and can we keep the results closed until the vote process
> is
> over?

Yes, sure.  I'll try to make some time to finish the implementation,
hopefully early next week.

In the mean time, if somebody wants to go ahead and implement it (and
maybe your own favorite feature as well), feel free to fork from http://github.com/eelco/voting

The idea is that you only need to change the HTML to change the things
that are voted upon.  It might be nice(r) to use JavaScript to load
those things.  If you want to hack on it and have some questions
please email me directly if you want a prompt response ;)

--
Regards,

Eelco Lempsink