[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell tutorial for pseudo users?

Deniz Dogan deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:56:00 EST 2009

2009/2/6 Jonathan Cast <jonathanccast at fastmail.fm>:
> Emacs' terminal is also lacking all the modern conveniences, like
> addressable cursors and builtin line-editing designed for 1970s printing
> terminals and practically no searching capabilities.  Alternatively, you
> could say it's incompatible with modern Unix's biggest mistakes and
> worst legacy issues.

With the risk of making this even more OT:

Emacs has three different types of shells built-in, at least to my
knowledge. These are M-x shell, eshell and term. I'm not sure which
one you are referring to as "Emacs' terminal", if any of them, but
inf-haskell.el uses "shell" afaics. And what do you mean with "no
searching capabilites?" What kind of searching are we talking here?

Deniz