[Haskell-cafe] Re: 1,000 packages, so let's build a few!

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 3 14:25:46 EST 2009

Don Stewart wrote:
> The platform is a set of blessed libraries and tools. The distros will
> still need to package that.
>
> To do that for Windows, we're still going to need a windows packaging
> team, along side Debian, Arch, Gentoo, Mac etc.

Right, so, let me make sure I understand this...

1. We sit down and pick a set of libraries that cover a useful range of
subject areas, that are mature and stable, and that work well with each
other. This is the "Haskell Platform".

2. For each OS, a team decides how best to deploy this set of libraries
on that specific OS.

Is that the plan?