[Haskell-cafe] build problems on Hackage

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Thu Feb 5 04:41:20 EST 2009

Hello all,

alas, I couldn’t found any information about who is responsible for the build
system on Hackage. So I address this issue to all of you.

type-level built fine with GHC 6.8 but failed to build with GHC 6.10. The last
line of the build log is this:

> haddock: internal Haddock or GHC error: Maybe.fromJust: Nothing

The complete log is at <http://tinyurl.com/as67x5>.

This problem has the unfortunate consequence that type-equality-check cannot
be built since it depends on type-level and nowadays only GHC 6.10 seems to
be used for building packages on Hackage. This, in turn, will make almost all
Grapefruit packages unbuildable when they are released (which is expected to
happen soon). This, in turn, means almost no Grapefruit documentation on
Hackage which, I think, would be very bad.

So could someone please take the time and fix this problem soon? Thank you in
advance.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang