[Haskell-cafe] Panic with GTK2HS 0.10.0 RC under Vista with GHCi 6.10.1; GHCi or GTK bug?

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 10:07:35 EST 2009

Often when trying to run my GTK2HS application the first time with GHCi I
get

: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
 (GHC version 6.10.1 for i386-unknown-mingw32):
loadObj: failed

Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

This only occurs when I forgot to set my current directory correctly; then
GHCi gives an error since it can't find modules
GHCi, version 6.10.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help

Boxes.hs:23:17:
   Could not find module `NM8.GUI.Layout':
     Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
Failed, modules loaded: none.

If I then correctly set my current directory using the :cd command, and try
again, I get the panic crash.

When I start GHCi again and immediately set the correct current directory,
it works fine.

I haven't tried to isolate the problem, but maybe others have experienced
this problem?

It's not really a show-stopper, just but a bit annoying