[Haskell-cafe] Native CLient

Joan Miller peloko45 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:31:39 EST 2009

"Each component runs in its own private address space. Inter-component
communication is based on Native Client’s reliable datagram service,
the IMC (Inter-Module Communications). For communications between the
browser and a NaCl module, Native Client provides two options: a
Simple RPC facility (SRPC), and the Netscape Plugin Application
Programming Interface (NPAPI), both implemented on top of the IMC. The
IMC also provides shared memory segments and shared synchronization
objects, intended to avoid messaging overhead for high-volume or
high-frequency communications." [1]

The Native Client modules can communicate with the browser using
either NPAPI or simple RPC (SRPC) [2] so there would be that implement
that in Haskell.

[1] http://nativeclient.googlecode.com/svn/data/docs_tarball/nacl/googleclient/native_client/documentation/nacl_paper.pdf
[2] http://nativeclient.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/native_client/documentation/npapi.html