[Haskell-cafe] install-dirs on Mac OS X

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:35:41 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 22:55 -0800, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> I suggest that the default place for global installs on Mac OS X be:
> 	/Library/Haskell/

As I've mentioned I'm mostly an OSX ignoramus. One thing I think I've
seen said before however is that things in /Library and ~/Library are
supposed to be app bundles or frameworks or some other special OSX
packaging thing, rather than traditional Unix-style installations.

If that's the case then I guess we would also want to do that, but I've
no idea how much work that is to support in Cabal (and if it would need
any extra package info over and above what .cabal files provide).

Duncan