[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.12.1

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Sun Dec 13 14:21:35 EST 2009

If you need an update of a package to make it build/run on GHC 6.12.1,
or if you have modified someone else's package to do so, please feel
free to use this wiki page to coordinate:

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Patches_and_forks_for_GHC_6.12

I suggest that those who have patches to contribute add a link to their
patches or forks from that page[*], *and* submit their patches to
the package maintainer(s). That way, we can avoid duplication of
effort, while not having to wait for package maintainers to get around
to applying our patches.

This may sound trivial, but it can be annoying waiting for a whole
chain of packages to "catch up" before you can even build your own
package. So you may end up fixing other people's packages - which can
easily lead to substantial duplication of effort.

[*] or you can email me links/patches and I'll add them for you