[Haskell-cafe] Re: How Can Haskell Be Saved?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 05:16:08 EST 2009

Hello Erik,

>> POSIX is a *subsystem*. you are using Win32 subsystem. There is also

> Please enlighten me. How do I access the POSIX subsystem?

i don't know since i never tried. it seems that this is bad idea. if
you really need it, it should be better to use cygwin

POSIX subsystem was implemented by MS (and other major players) only
to meet some bureaucratic reqs from DoD/UsGov, and i don't know any
program really using it. just don't mix C library emulation of POSIX
calls on top of Win32 with POSIX subsystem (btw, both are implemented
on top of native Windows API)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com