[Haskell-cafe] What about adding a wiki for each haskell project?

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Sun Dec 13 06:16:59 EST 2009

wren ng thornton <wren at freegeek.org> writes:

>> Using a wiki page for each project enables anybody to add comments.[...]

I think this is a great idea.

> Because of Duncan's concerns about imposing too much burden on
> authors, and because there are many mature projects which already have
> wikis etc, I have a counter-proposal.

I don't this this is the same thing.  Marc's proposal would provide a
scratch pad for random users to discuss or comment on various stuff on
Hackage.  At least the way I see it, it is primarily *not* for use by
the author, and in fact most useful when the author is not around to
actively support his project.

E.g. my package that was used as an example, while (arguably) useful, is
way to small for me to bother with setting up a full site with web pages
or bug trackers, etc.  Other packages are orphaned or see little
interest from their author.

> We already have community.haskell.org for authors to host their
> webpages and Darcs repos.
   [..]
> Rather than giving Hackage wikis,
> perhaps it would be better to point more people towards
> community.haskell.org and maybe increase the options offered there (in
> case people dislike Trac).

This is great, but I view this as a different issue.

-k