[Haskell-cafe] Re: binding to C libraries on Windoww

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Dec 7 18:50:07 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> In other words, "Windows needs to become just like Unix". Not going
> to happen.

I have the use of a dual-boot MacOS/Vista laptop.
"Subsystem for Unix-based applications" is a Microsoft download.
It means I can compile C programs using 'cc' or 'c89', and yep,
it's VS behind that curtain.

It's an alternative to MinGW or CygWin that might be worth exploring.
Visual Studio remains a separate product, but SUA is free.