[Haskell-cafe] Low Level Audio - Writing bytes to the sound card?

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Sat Dec 5 14:47:07 EST 2009

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Unfortunately, I've yet to find a single Haskell package that binds to C
> which will actually compile on Windows. :-(

Take a look at logfloat[1], it builds cleanly on Windows XP using GHC
6.10.1 without needing Cygwin nor Mingw/Msys (however GHCi has some DLL
errors[2]).

Not that that has anything to do with audio ;)

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/logfloat

[2] If you know how to resolve these, I'd be much obliged. I don't have
a Windows machine to test on but I've been much irked that there's still
this outstanding portability bug.

--
Live well,
~wren