[Haskell-cafe] Finding HP

Roel van Dijk vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:37:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Gregory Crosswhite
<gcross at phys.washington.edu> wrote:
> On a more serious note, "Download Haskell" /= "Download Haskell Platform", so if I were glancing down the sidebar looking for a link to download the "Haskell Platform" then the first link wouldn't have registered for me.  And putting a "X has been released link!" in the news does not count as a prominent download link.

If I wanted to know something *about* the *Haskell Platform* I would
click the link The Haskell Platform under the section About. So it is
actually mentioned 3 times on the front page. What could be improved
are the 2 download links: "Download Haskell" and "Download GHC". It
would perhaps be better to have one nice big "Download" button that
takes you to a separate download page.

> Furthermore, when someone offers feedback designed to improve a page, and does so in a very non-threatening way:
> ... then in my own humble opinion, snapping back with "Are you sure this isn't user error?" is not a particularly nice response.

E-mail isn't the best medium to convey emotion. I read Dons reply as
"Are you sure this is a problem with the front page and not a slight
oversight on your part?"

Regards,
Roel van Dijk