[Haskell-cafe] Finding HP

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 2 17:26:12 EST 2009

Today I was setting up a my new, and I wanted to put Haskell on it.
Rather than download GHC itself, I decided to install the Haskell
Platform instead, just to see what it's like.

Much to my surprise, I couldn't actually find any reference to its
existence anywhere from the haskell.org home page, and I eventually had
to run a search to find it.

Subsequently, I realise [as somebody will no doubt point out] that the
link is actually there, on the front page, right next to GHC, Hugs, et al.

My suggestion is that if we really want people to grab the HP rather
than download GHC directly, maybe we could make the link slightly more
prominent? It also wouldn't hurt to mention it from the
"Implementations" page, and maybe the GHC homepage? Just a suggestion...