[Haskell-cafe] Another thanks for inspiration to RWH - Bloom Filters

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Mon Aug 31 01:46:12 EDT 2009

Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de> writes:

> So I could insert all the keys in the table into a suitable bloom
> filter  instead and the just query the bloom filter instead of the
> database.

Somewhat dependent on your need (i.e. Bloom filters may give false
positives), this could be what you need.  Bloom filters work well as a
cache, especially when you expect lots of negative lookups and will do
some more work on the positive ones (including identifying false
positives)

> I  haven't figured out yet how to write a "literal" representation
> of the "filled" bloom filter yet though and could do
> with some tipps.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

-k