[Haskell-cafe] Another thanks for inspiration to RWH - Bloom Filters

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Fri Aug 28 10:28:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

My app has to use rather large amounts of static data in order to run. I
have been using an SQLite database to hold this data so far. The largest
chunk of data was a table with roughly 80k records.
I only make use of this table to see if a particular key is present.
Reading RWH over from time to time I came accross the Bloom Filter and
finally realized that this would be a much better solution.

So I could insert all the keys in the table into a suitable bloom filter
instead and the just query the bloom filter instead of the database. I
haven't figured out yet how to write a "literal" representation of the
"filled" bloom filter yet though and could do with some tipps.

I'm using the bloomfilter package from hackage.

Günther