[Haskell-cafe] Re: Where do I put the seq?

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:35:58 EDT 2009

Apparently this particular example happens to work on Mac and Linux because
of different buffering (thanks Martijn for the help!)
To make sure we have no buffering at all, the main function should be:

main = do  hSetBuffering stdout NoBuffering  hSetBuffering stdin
NoBuffering  test

Now I think it should also be *incorrect* on Unix systems.

I guess the way I'm concatenating the strings is not correct, not sure.

I would like to use a graphical tool to show the graph reduction step by
step, to get a better understanding of the laziness & strictness. Does such
a tool exist? I know people often say this is not usable because the amount
of information is too much, but I used to be an assembly language programmer
so I still would like to give it a try :-)