[Haskell-cafe] Re: Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 5 11:19:49 EDT 2009

    Tom> As I understand it, Pandoc is entirely under the GPL (not
    Tom> LGPL).  I'd be very wary of accepting a GPL'd library as a

I'd be very upset if pandoc weren't blessed.

    Tom> blessed "standard" library, since it would be completely
    Tom> unusable for non-GPL projects.

This can surely be tackled by cabal, as it already has the license
information.

So if you were to specify you project has a BSD license, and it
requires use of a library licensed under the GPL, then cabal configure
should fail with an error message.

Just because a library is blessed, doesn't mean you have to use it.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire