[Haskell-cafe] funct.prog. vs logic prog., practical Haskell

John Lask jvlask at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:08:54 EDT 2009

I would have thought that a major motivation for the study of haskell,or for
that matter ML, Clean, would be their type systems: statically typed higher
order parametric polymorphism which is certainlly different enough from that
of prolog to warrant study. So from the perspective of type systems and
associated gaurantees functional programming languages probably represent
the best environment in which to study these concepts.