[Haskell-cafe] ghci debugger problem with :continue. is it broken, or is it me?

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:34:19 EDT 2009

Most enlightening, thanks.

The same effect can be seen with Debug.Trace.trace around the two versions of f.

I suppose this means that the points-free/pattern binding-style
version is a bit less work for ghc to execute (fewer reductions),
whereas the version with lambda bound variables is easier to debug.

On balance, I think I'll frequently write my functions with lambda
bound variables then.

Getting better use out of the ghc debugger seems worth the few extra cycles.